Johannes John, Sr. (1719-1781/3) b. Mutterstadt, Bavaria, Germany, or Switzerland; r. Hanover, York, Franklin, Cumberland, Somerset, & Cambria Cos, PA (parents unknown)
-military: Served in Revolutionary War under Samuel Royer in the Cumberland Regiment. Discharged 1780
Anna Elizabetha Groscost (1719- ) b. Mutterstadt, Bavaria, Germany; r. York Co., PA (daughter of Hans Phillip & Anna Margareta Heim)
Immigration: The ship Pink Plaisance departed from Rotterdam with the Horners but stopped in Cowes, England, before landing in Philadelphia on September 21, 1732. Some sources say, “before 1745.”
Married: about 1740, York Co.
Children: all probably born in Hanover, Berwick Twp, York Co.
1. Elizabeth (1742- )
2. John “Cambria John,” Jr. (1743- ) b. Antrim Twp., Cumberland Co?, PA (m. Susannah Dick) Knick-name suggests he ended up in Cambria Co?
3. Abraham “The Steady” (1745- ) b. Berwick Twp., York Co., PA (m. Elizabeth ____)
4. Solomon (1751-1838) b. Hanover, York Co.; r. Quemahoning Twp., Somerset Co., PA (m 1. Elizabeth ____; m 2. Elizabeth Johanna Gohn – our line)
5. Frederick (1754- ) b. York Co.
6. Daniel (1757/61- ) b. York Co. (m. Anna Maria Kimmel)
7. Elias (1759/63- ) b. York Co. (m. Barbara Berger)
8. John (1766- ) is this an earlier son, who may have died in childhood?
“Johannes Hanauer.” 18 Feb. 2016 http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/%7Edphaner/HTML/people/p00000fs.htm
Jack Horner Bell. Horner Patriots of Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh: Gateway Publications, 1980
“Brian Cartwright’s Western PA Families.” 6 April 2013
“Horner Family of Carroll Co., IL.” 18 Feb. 2016 http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=alicehorner&id=I8511
RETURN TO OUR HORNER FAMILY TREE