Joseph Christopher, Jr. (1797-1862) b. Stoneycreek Twp., Somerset Co., PA; r. Accident, Garrett Co., MD (son of Joseph Christopher, Sr. & Elizabeth Lehman Miller Speicher) Farmer; First store owner in Accident
-buried: probably Bear Creek (Church of the Brethren) Burial Ground, Accident, Garrett Co., MD (although the Speicher family donated land to St. John’s Lutheran Church & Cemetery in the Cove about the time of the Civil war supposedly to settle a disagreement with the adjacent Lutheran Church, possibly over the slavery issue.)
m.1 Anne Lehman (1824-1844) little is known except that she was born in Germany and bore Joseph 10 children in America
m2. Rebecca Musser/Mosser (1829-1892) b. Maryland; r. Accident, Garrett Co., MD (daughter of Nicholas, Jr. & Elisabeth Musser/Mosser) (m2. John W. Bowser, 4 children, 1867-1873)
-buried: Bear Creek Burial Ground, Accident, Garrett Co., MD?
Marriage: 1847, Garrett Co.
1. Truman S. (1848-1864/7) died as a teen, possibly in the Civil War as a bugler and was buried in the wilderness.
2. Diana Annie (1849-1909) (m. Albert Augustus Jacobs)
3. Sallie /Sally (1851-1851) died in infancy
4. Alexander “Alex” A. (1853-1938)
5. Joseph Martin “Jas” (1857-1904) a third generation of Joseph
6. Laura Catherine (1859-1919) b. Accident, Garrett Co. MD; r. Elk Lick Twp., Somerset Co., PA (m. Christian F. Lee – our line)
-buried: Springs Cemetery, Somerset Co.
7. Sarah Alice (1861-1939)
“Family Group Record.” Cindy Krause Leonhardt, e-mail, 18 Jan. 2011
Richard W. Davis. MennoSearch.com
Ancestry.com. 11 Sept. 2004
“Joseph Speicher.” Our Family History Center. Web. 19 Sept. 2012
“Johan & Joseph Speichers.” Glades Star. Sept. 1947, p. 256
(The descendants of Lt. Paul E. Speicher, Jr., of Morristown, NJ, great-grandson of Joseph Speicher II, reportedly have the Speicher family Bible with many names and dates.)
Various Public Member Family Trees, Federal Censuses, & other documents.
RETURN TO OUR MUSSER FAMILY TREE
RETURN TO OUR SPEICHER FAMILY TREE
Last revised: 10/16/18