Patrick, Sr.* (1678-1725) b. Canongate, Midlothian, Edinburgh, Scotland; r. Ardstraw, Tyrone, Northern Ireland & Chester Co., PA (son of Jacob & Nancy Farquhar Jacques/Jack)
Eleanor “Ellen” Elizabeth Jervis (1679- ) b. Ballykelly, Derry, Northern Ireland; r. Chester, PA (daughter of James Jervis)
Marriage: 1699, Ballykelly, Derry, Northern Ireland
Property: Newton, Cumberland County, PA tax records of 1701 show a James Jack declaring 4 horse, 4 cows, land, and a “plate” valued at 892.6. This is significantly more than later values in the family, and what James was this as our was born in 1705?
- Patrick, Jr.* (1700-1780) b. Ballykelly; r. Mecklenberg, Charlotte, NC (m. Lillis McAdoo) Father of Capt. James Jack who delivered the “Mechlenberg Declaration” by horseback to the Continental Congress in Philadelphia, 1775
- Charles ( ) b. NI; r. Franklin Co., PA?
- Capt. James, Sr.* (1705-1795) b. Ballykelly; r. Ardstraw (m1. Jane ___; m2. Elizabeth McNulty – our line)
- Robert (1706-after 1787) b. Ballykelly; r. Ardstraw
- Andrew (1706/7- ) b. Ballykelly (m. Elizabeth ___)
- Samuel (170/78-1740) b. Northern Ireland; r. Sadsbury, Chester Co. (m. Jane White)
- John (1710-1759) b. Ballykelly; r. Chester (m. Sarah ____)
- Matthew (1711-1763) b. Ardstraw; r. Chester (m. Jane Wilson)
* Sr./Jr. designations used here only for clarity in our family’s tree. The Scots-Irish used and reused many of the same biblical and royal names in each generation, even through the 20th century.
“Jacques.” SC-Census-Lookup-L Archives. 27 January 2012. Rootsweb.com
“Abstracts of Wills of Wesmoreland Co.” Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, v.3, p.338
“Linda’s Hunter Ancestors.” Hunter Family. 6 January 2012. Freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com
Linda M. Ferraioli. “My Genealogy Home Page.” 28 January 2014.
RETURN TO OUR JACK FAMILY TREE
Last revised 11/15/18