Larry E. Pearce
5984 Somerset Pike
Boswell, PA 15531
1993-2013 Adjunct Instructor of English, Mount Aloysius College, Cresson, PA 16630
Courses: Rhetoric I & II, Introduction to Literature, Introduction to Linguistics, Advanced Public Speaking, and Professional Communications
1994-2007 Adjunct Instructor of English & Communications, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College, Johnstown, PA 15904
Courses: English Composition, Introduction to Communication, Business Letter & Report Writing, Technical Writing, Interpersonal Communications, Public Speaking, and Effective Presentation Skills
1992-1993 Temporary Director of Instrumental Music, Rockwood Area School District, Rockwood, PA 15557
Duties: Direct the Senior and Junior Bands and teach personal
and group instrumental lessons.
1990-present Licensed and/or Registered Representative, New York Life; Advantage Capital; or Fund Investors, Johnstown, Cambria County, PA
Duties: Sales and Marketing of insurance, retirement, and investment products
1968-1990 Radio Broadcaster, WJAC-AM & FM, Johnstown; WVSC-AM & FM, Somerset; WPSU-FM, University Park, or WIUP-FM, Indiana, PA
Duties: Station Manager, Sales and Marketing, On-air, and writing
1981-1982 Norgas LPG, Windber, PA
Duties: Sales and Marketing
M.A. in English, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Various professional financial licenses and certifications
M.A. in Speech Communications, Pennsylvania State University
B.S. in Music Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
SAMPLE OF PROFESSIONAL & GRADUATE PAPERS:
“An Historical Analysis of Several Poems by William Blake.” Unpublished paper for Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2000.
“An Experimental Study to Determine the Effect of Conventionality in Aural Media.” Masters Thesis for Pennsylvania State University, 1971.
“A Practical Approach to Performance.” Unpublished paper for Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 1968.
SEVERAL BROADCAST PROGRAMS & FEATURES:
“The Johnstown Heart Story.” Writer. WJAC-TV documentary, 1978
“The Cambria County Chronicle.” Writer. WJAC Radio and TV, winner of various regional awards, 1976
“My Excuse.” Writer/Producer/Talent. WJAC Radio, winner of the American Optometric Association award for short story, 1973
“Person-to-Person with the Masters.” Writer/Producer/Talent. WPSU Radio weekly series, 1970-71.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS PAST AND PRESENT:
• Produce “E-Gen: an Electronic Genealogy,” Internet collection of family history articles and regular E-mail network: HTTP://E-GEN.INFO
• Volunteer regularly at Somerset Meals on Wheels and Boswell food bank
• Volunteer organist at St. Paul’s Presbyterian, Somerset/organist and choir director for other local churches
• Member St. Paul’s choir and sing in and accompany other community chorales
• Member several community organizations, including cemetery committee and area historical and genealogical societies
• Regular volunteer blood donor with the American Red Cross
• YMCA certified SCUBA diver
• Hold F.C.C. Third Class Broadcast License
• Registered with the SEC (Securities & Exchange Commission) and member of FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Association), holding a Series 6 License
Last revised: 1/9/17