Joseph M. (1766-1857) b. Berks Co., PA; r. Paint Twp., Somerset Co., PA (son of Jacob S. & Anna Elizabeth Mishler Berkey)
Mary “Polly”* (1768/72-before 1850) b. PA; r. Paint Twp., Somerset Co. (parents unknown)
Marriage: 1787/91, Somerset Co.
1. Jacob T. (1792-1872) b. Johnstown, Cambria Co., PA; r. Somerset Co. (m. Elizabeth Sadorus – our line)
2. Henry (1795-1877) b & r PA
3. Betsy (1800- ) b. Somerset Co. (Could Betsy & Elizabeth have been the same person?)
4. Elizabeth (1802- ) b. Somerset Co.
5. Mary (1807- ) b & r Somerset Co.
* Research continues as to Mary “Polly” being a descendant of Abiah Taylor (b. 1630/50) and son Abiah, Jr. (b. 1673), who came to America from England with his brother Joseph as early as 1708. Abiah, Jr. built a brick house, stone barn, grist mill, and several out buildings in 1724 that are still standing in Copesville, West Chester, PA, and are on the National Historic Register. Mary “Polly” may be a GX3 granddaughter (b. 1777) of the Englishman, however husband Joseph of Berks Co. was surely Amish-Mennonite. Another Mary Taylor was the wife of Jacob Rambo (1766-before 1834), brother of our Anna Maria Rambo Lincoln. They were married at the Gloria Dei Episcopal Church, Philadelphia, also still standing and on the National Historic Register.
Dan & Vana Fessler. “PA Taylors.” TAYLOR-L Archives. Internet. 13 July 1997
Various Public Member Family Trees, Censuses, & other documents. Ancestry.com
Return to OUR TAYLOR FAMILY TREE