Johann Michael Kummell (1662-1734) b. Alsheim, Palatinate, Germany; r. Gimbsheim, Germany (this part of the Pfalz Valley, called Gamsonm, was then part of Poland) (son of Hans Konrad & Anna Marie Knebel)
-military: Hessian mercenary, Colonel in Polish Army
-other: large landholder, judge, and “Unterfaceth,” “right hand of the Duke”; his sons committed “many acts of devilry,” some later bannished, accused of plot to overthrow the Duke. Col. Kummell was thought to be “progenitor of virtually all the Kimmels who migrated to America,” or “Stammvater des Amerikaner Stamms” (Father of the American Family).
m1. Anna Margaretha Souther/ Sauter (1663/73-1728) b & r Gimbsheim (parents unknown)
-other: probably widow of John Oswald (d.1689), first wife, and mother of his children; second wife was widow of Hartman Heinreich, Anna Elizabeth.
1. Johann Philip, Sr. (1695-1777) b. Gimbshein; r. Red Run, York/ Lancaster/Adams Co., PA (m. Anna Elizabeth Voltz – our line)
2. Johann Valentine (1701-1768) b. Gimbshein; r. Red Run, York/Lancaster Co. (m. Anna Maria Baltzer)
3. Johann Conrad (1703-1735) b & r Gimbshein (m. Maria Christina Muth)
4. Johann Heinrich (1705- ) Did he die in infancy or is he confused with Maria’s husband?
5. Johann Jacob (1705-1784) b. Gimbshein; r. Ephrata, Lancaster Co., PA (m. Maria Barbara Heinrich)
6. Maria Pfronica “Elizabeth” Kimmel (1708-1764) b & r Gimbshein (some say Elizabeth was another daughter)
M2. Anna Elizabeth (d. 1733) widow of Hartman Heinrich
Charles A. Messner. “Ancestors of Marius Manning Kimmel.” A Brief History of the Early Kimmel Family. 2 August 2011
Various Ancestry.com Public Member Family Trees & other documents
Return to OUR KIMMEL FAMILY TREE