Joseph (1804-1889) b & r Enon Valley, Lawrence Co., PA (son of John & Elizabeth Hayes Marshall; Farmer)
Elizabeth “Betsy” Patterson (1811-1894) b. North Beaver Twp., Beaver Co., PA; r. Enon Valley, Lawrence Co., PA (daughter of Robert & Margaret Lindsay or Denise Hazelton Patterson) Betsy was probably a sister of brother-in-law James Hayes Marshall’s first wife, Nancy Jane.
-married: 1830, North Beaver Twp.
-burial: Little Beaver Cemetery
1. Margaret Sarah (1831-1907) (m. Capt. John Dixon Hill; my line)
-buried: Mars Cemetery, Butler Co., PA
2. Elizabeth “Eliza” Jane (1834- ) (m. Daniel Adams)
3. Mary Ellen (1836-1917) (m. _____ McKean)
4. John Calvin (1838-1905) (m. Lizzie McKean, probably his sister-in-law through Mary Ellen) received a lump sum of $500 in Joseph’s 1878 will
5. Anna Martha (1840-1939) (m. Rev. Alvin Reed)
6. Angelina (1843-1845) died in childhood
7. Robert Fulton (1845-1931) received the family farm in Joseph’s will
8. Elvira W. (1848-1851) died in childhood
9. Henry E. (1861-1862) died in infancy
Note: an Alice Dornan also resided with the family and is listed as a niece in Joseph’s will; we believe she was the daughter of his sister Annie who married Patrick Dornan.
Family tradition, Alice Dreischer, & Nettie Stark
History of Lawrence County, PA
Kay Harrison. “Descendants of John Marshall.” 19 March 2014. e-mail
Various Public Member Family Trees. Ancestry.com
RETURN TO OUR MARSHALL FAMILY TREE