William A. G., Sr. (1750/6-1805) b. Alsace-Lorraine, Sarr, Germany; r. Quemahoning Twp., Somerset County, PA (probably as descendant of John Bathasar Sartorius)
-burial: Stoystown, Somerset County
Catherine Blough or Saylor (1755/63-1810/15) b. Europe; r. Quemahoning Twp. (possibly a descendant of Jacob & Magdalena Staldt Seiler/Saylor, also of our line)
-burial: Stoystown or there is a stone in the Schrock Cemetery, Berlin, Somerset County, that may be her’s. Or is this Berlin, Holmes Co., OH, as son George below? Did she move west to live with him or remarry after William’s death?
Emigration: 1858, Philadelphia? (or was this another? Some sources have several children born in Germany as late as 1780)
Marriage: 1772, Bedford County, PA (ditto above)
- William, Jr. (1772-1837) b. Germany or Pennsylvania?; r. Quemahoning Twp. (m. Catherine Mauer – our line)
- Maria Catherine (1776-1842) b. Germany or PA?
- George Wade Bacon, Sr. (1778-1848) b. Germany or PA?; r. Holmes Co., OH (m. Sarah Catharine ____ )
-burial: Berlin Cemetery, Holmes Co.
- Elizabeth Ledoris (1779-1841)
- John Charles (1780-1857/60) b. Bedford County, PA; r. Breedstown, Venango Co., PA (m. Eleanor ____)
-military: War of 1812, Private, PA Volunteers under Cpt. James Boner; may have been part of PA Militia, 1813-1814, 132nd Reg. under Cpt. Daniel McCombs, Erie, PA
-burial: Breedstown Cemetery, Venango Co., PA
- Henry S. (1783-1878) b. Bedford Co.; r. Crawford Co., PA & Sadorus, Illinois (m1. Mary Titus; m2. Elzira Canterbury) known as “Henry the Pioneer,” owning 1,000 acres. His two sons were called “The Pioneer Brothers.” said to be closely associated with Mormon pioneers.
-military: War of 1812, Minutemen guard at Commodore Perry’s naval yard
-burial: Sadorus Grove Cemetery, Sadorus, IL
- Frederick (1790-1825) b. Bedford Co.; r. Tuscarawas Co., OH & possibly Wisconsin (m. Mary Best)
-military: 1813-1814, Private, 3rd Reg., Ohio Militia under Cpt. David Kasbeer
*See family tree for various spellings. Some baptismal records (1809) show a Petre married to a Catharine Maria, witnesses for Jacob & Maria/Catharine Wagner. Was Petre a middle or first name commonly used?
“Ancestors of Shirley Jean Bowman.” Internet. 30 Jan. 2015
James E. Saddoris. “Joseph Sedorus.” Message Boards. 19 December 2016 http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=1595&p=localities.northam.usa.states.pennsylvania.counties.cumberland
“My Family: William Sartorius I.” Genealogy.com. 19 Dec. 2016 http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/h/a/n/Shari-Hanson/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0513.html
Pennsylvania land warrants, censuses, wills & probate records
U.S. Passenger, immigration, and naturalization indices
Various Ancestry.com Public Member Family Trees
Return to OUR SADORUS FAMILY TREE