Jacob “Brecknock?” or “Nimrod?”* (1701/23-1745/78) b. Switzerland; r. Somerset Co., PA (son of Wendel Santmann & Anne K. Coopersmith Bauman)
Marie Elizabeth Krueger (1716/25-1781) b. Basil, Switzerland; little is known of her; sometimes confused with Elizabeth Rueger (1716-1781) who married younger brother Jacob Johannes Bowman who moved to Woodstock, VA
Married: 1740, New Holland Church, Lancaster Co., PA
Children: because of the late dates of some off-spring, we question their parentage, or did Jacob remarry?
- Christian/Christopher # (1745/58-1815) b. Eastern PA or Lancaster Co.; r. Quemahoning Twp., Somerset Co., PA (m. Anna Maria Lincoln – our line)
- Abraham ( ) (m. Maria Burkholder)
- Peter ( ) (m. Mary Gabel)
- John ( )#
- Jacob ( )#
- David (1787-1850) (m. Mary Bechtel)
- Susan ( )
- Barbara ( )
- Henry B.K. (1790-1858) (m. Catherine Wismer)
- Anna (1794-1861) (m. Christian Martin)
- Samuel ( )
* Were these nicknames referring to the same Jacob, one “Brecknock” a place of birth in Lancaster/Berks County (from Switzerland) and the other “Nimrod” from the Bible, a reference to the King of Shinar, Noah’s great-grandson, who was a “great hunter before the Lord”? Or were these men not even from our family?
# Three brothers were on the first Somerset County, PA, tax assessment; sometimes confused with the brothers of the generation before with the same names?
“Bowman Family.” Angelfire.com. 18 May 2016 http://www.angelfire.com/in2/kwitina/family/Bowman.html
“Bowman Family Tree. Cogeco.ca. 18 May 2016 http://home.cogeco.ca/~familytree/bowman.html
See also “Our Bowman Family Tree” & “Vitals: Bowman”
Various Ancestry.com Public Member Family Trees & other sources
RETURN TO OUR BOWMAN FAMILY TREE
Last revised 10/15/18