George Willocks, Sr. (1736/40-1821) b. Scotland, Northern Ireland or Eastern PA; r. Cumberland Co. & West Deer Twp., Allegheny Co., PA (son of James, Jr. & Janet Hutchison Leslie) Served as deputy constable for Common Pleas Court of New London Twp. 1767 when he got in trouble for not turning over confiscated property to the court.
-military: 1777 drafted into the PA Militia; son William served for him as was possible under the law
-burial: Bull Creek Cemetery, West Deer Twp., reportedly next to Rev. Abraham Boyd
Mary S. Alsop (c.1719/40-after 1804) nothing is known except on deed within Chester Co. 1758-78 and on Bull Creek church role 1804
Marriage: before 1757 when George is removed from “freeman’s” list
Children: exact names & birth order uncertain
1. John (1758- )
2. William, Sr. (1759-1850) b. New London Twp., Chester Co., PA; r. Cumberland Co., East Deer Twp., Allegheny Co., & West Deer Twp. (named for uncle, father’s brother) (m. Elizabeth Davidson#; 7 children)
-military: Revolutionary War, Chester Co. Militia 1776-1779
3. George, Jr. (1761/9-1821) b. New London Twp.; r. Cumberland Co. & West Deer Twp. (m. Jane Guilliford – our line) died possibly the same year as his father during the great Typhoid Fever outbreak
4. Alexander (1762?- ) b. New London Twp.; r. Cumberland Co. & West Deer Twp.
5. Mary (1763-1857)
6. James (1763-1830) b. New London Twp.; r. Cumberland Co. & West Deer Twp. (named for uncle, father’s brother)
7. Samuel (1765- ) b. New London Twp.; r. Cumberland Co. & West Deer Twp.
*other spellings include Lessly
#some confuse this Elizabeth with our Elizabeth, wife of William Gray
Rev. Abraham Boyd. Book of Sessions. Bull Creek Presbyterian Church. 1800-1805
Chester Co., PA. tax lists & land records.
Cumberland Co., PA. tax lists
Record of Oath of Allegiance to the United States, 1777
Allegheny Co., PA. Census 1790, 1810, & 1820
Allegheny Co. tax list 1791
History of Allegheny Co., PA
Various Ancestry.com Public Member Family Trees & other sources
RETURN TO OUR LESLIE FAMILY TREE