Johannes “Hans” (1676-1733) b & r Kutzenhausen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace-Lorraine, France (son of Felix & Anna Maria Mehrling Stambach) After J. Jacob’s death, about 1739, family tradition says that part of the family left the Rhine and settled in Pennsylvania at the invitation on William Penn. They sailed on the Robert and Alice arriving in Philadelphia on September 3. From various parts of PA some went to Ohio and even to South Dakota in search of gold (1876). Maria Catherina’s grandaughter married Michael Miller and settled in West Virginia, and her daughter married Thomas Lee and moved back to Pennsylvania.
Maria Catherina Meyer (1690-1739) b. Merckweyler, Alsace-Lorraine; r. France & Ohio, US (daughter of Jacob & Anna Meyer) (m.2 Niclaus Honig & 2 more children) She probably emmigrated to the US after the deaths of her husbands to live with her daughter, Maria Barbara, in Ohio, although one source lists her place of death as York, PA.
Marriage: 1717 Alsace-Lorraine
- Johann Jacob (1719- ) b & r Kutzenhausen (m. Margretha _____)
- Maria Barbara (1721-1800) b. Alsace-Lorraine; r. Ohio & York, PA? (m. George Miller – our line)
- Nicholaus (1723- ) b. Kutzenhausen; r. York, PA (m. Barbara _____)
- Lawrence Lorentz (1725-1895) b. Kutzenhausen; r. Franklin, PA (m. Anna ____)
- Johann Peter (1729-1812) Kutzenhause; r. Cumberland, PA (m. Catharina ____)
- Hans Adam ( ) possibly dies in infancy; one source says he was born in 1715?
- Johann Philip (1731- ) b. Kutzenhause (m. Anna Maria _______)
“Felix Stambach.” Family Central. 10 Oct. 2015. Http://www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=4785:3334&ref2=4785:3363
“Johannes Stambach. WikiTree. 12 Oct. 2015 Http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Stambach-32
Ancestry.com. Various public family trees.
RETURN TO OUR STAMBACH FAMILY TREE
RETURN TO OUR MEYER FAMILY TREE