(See also “George & Susannah McRoberts Descendants”)
George, Sr. (b.1768/75-1839) b. possibly in MD or WV although some sources say Northern Ireland; r. Chester Co., PA & Pine/Hampton Twp., Allegheny Co., PA (one source* says this George is son of Lt. Col. James & Nancy Mary Moore or Mary Jane Bradford Allison, although this is questionable; Farmer, Merchant, & Banker in Pittsburgh) Listed in 1815 Pittsburgh City Directory
-military: served in War of 1812
m1.?* Susannah McRoberts (1775-1854) b. Northern Ireland, MD, or Butler Co., PA; r. Pine/Hampton Twp., Allegheny Co. (daughter of William or James & Hannah Baird McRoberts; Homemaker)
Married: 1794, probably in MD or PA
Emigration: to northern Allegheny County from Maryland, 1810
1. James A., Sr. (1794-1866) b. Chester Co. or Cumberland Valley, PA; r. Hampton Twp. PA, 1810 (m. Elizabeth Brickell; Tanner & farmer) Son James, Jr. D.D. (b.1823) was editor of national Presbyterian Banner. Daughter Lydia married Thomas P. Austen, a cousin through marriage to our Pearces who married into the Nelsons below.
2. Margaret P. (1800-1876) r. Nortonville, Jefferson Co., KS (m. George Shirley)
3. Hannah (1805- ) Could this be a twin? (m. __ Dillin?)
4. Elizabeth (1805- ) Twin?
5. Pamelia “Millie” (1806/7- or 1807-1883) r. Allegheny Co. (m. Thomas Nelson; Homemaker; my line)
6. William (1809-1840) (m. Fannie Lee)
7. George, Jr. (1810-1881) b. PA (m. Matilda Kennedy) 200-acre family farm became post office at DeHaven Station (1889), Allisonville, and eventually Allison Park (1909); active in Herr’s Chapel U. B. Church
* this source has our George, Sr’s m2. as Martha McDonald (1787-1855) with nine children, although clearly some later ones (James, Jr. & John) are his grandchildren. This source has him buried at Raccoon Church Cemetery in Candor, Washington County, PA.
See “Our Allison Family Tree” and other Vitals
Various Public Member Family Trees & sources, Ancestry.com
RETURN TO OUR ALLISON FAMILY TREE
RETURN TO OUR McROBERTS FAMILY TREE