Joseph Myler, Sr. (1795-1881) b. Pennsylvania; New Jersey, Falls Twp., Bucks Co., PA, & McCandless Twp., Allegheny Co., PA (son of Henry & Sarah Wilson Moon; Farmer)
-burial: Possibly with parents in Guyton Cemetery, Sugarloaf Hill or at Cross Roads Cemetery, Pine Twp., with JMM, Jr.
Sara Jane Davis (1802- ) b. New Jersey; r. McCandless Twp. (daughter of John & Keturah Davis; Homemaker)
-burial: Possibly with JMM, Sr. and in-laws in Guyton Cemetery, Sugarloaf Hill or at Cross Roads Cemetery, Pine Twp.
1. Jonus ( ) died in infancy
2. John (1821- ) b. Pennsylvania; r. Allegheny Co. (listed in 1850 census as b. 1811; a John Moon shows as a separate head of house from 1800 census on)
3. Robert Wilson (1822-1897) b. Wildwood, Allegheny Co.; r. Sharon, PA (m. Eliza Ann Smith)
–burial: Oakwood Cemetery, Sharon, PA
4. Nathan Elder/Edmonds. (1831- )b.PA; r. Pittsburgh, PA (m1. Mary Claridge; m2. Lizzie Ann ___)
5. Joseph Myler, Jr. (1835-1905) b. & r. Allegheny Co. (m. Susan Fleming; worked Venango Co., PA oilfields; our line (listed in 1850 census as b. 1833)
-burial: Cross Roads Cemetery, Pine Twp., Allegheny Co.
6. Sarah Jane (1836-1863)
7. Hance D. (1838- )
8. Alexander Murdoch/Michael (1844- ) b. Pennsylvania; r. Allegheny Co. (not in 1850 Census, but in 1880)
9. Daniel A(lbert?)* (1849-1905) (listed as Daniel A.M. Moon, b. 1842 in 1850 census; in 1870 census as born 1822 with wife & son (?) Albert; listed as grandson in 1880 census. Probably separate generations of Daniels)
-military: Civil War GAR, Co. F, PA Volunteers
-burial: Cross Roads Cemetery
*Note: The 1880 Allegheny Co. Census has a grandson Albert (b.1863) and Sara’s sister Caroline Eliza Davis (b. 1805/8), born in New Jersey, living with the family. The 1870 & 1860 Censes indexers list the family as “Moore” with Sarah as having been born in New York state. The 1860 & 1850 Censes record Keturah/Catura Davis (b. 1770/74), perhaps Sarah’s mother or aunt, living with the family. Here, Sarah & Keturah were born in New Jersey.
Roberta Wohlgemuth. “Descendants of Henry Moon.” 20 February 2006. Sources include: 1934 DAR application; PA Archives Vol. 13, p. 166; Evert’s 1867 History of Allegheny Co.; Cushing’s 1889 Genealogical & Biographical History of Allegheny Co.; and various US Census and land records.
Christine Adams’ research
Cross Roads (Presbyterian Church) Cemetery records. Pine Twp., Allegheny Co., PA
U.S. Federal Censuses, Falls Twp., Bucks Co., & McCandless Twp., Allegheny Co., PA, 1820-80
Various Public Member Family Trees. Ancestry.com
Moon family trees and documents. FamilySearch.com
RETURN TO OUR MOON FAMILY TREE
RETURN TO OUR DAVIS FAMILY TREE
Last revised: 4/13/17